Sip your way through Downtown Long Beach’s favorite watering holes, while learning about the city’s growing craft cocktail movement. Bottoms up!
DOWNTOWN LONG BEACH FOOD WALKING TOUR
- Adult Ages 21+
- Non-Drinker Ages 12+
- Child Ages 3-11
TRY THE BEST FOOD IN LONG BEACH ON THIS DOWNTOWN WALKING TOUR
No stress. No bills. No lines.
- 7-course progressive tasting menu!
- Enjoy Long Beach’s iconic fresh local and cuisine, including a cold-pressed juice flight from Rainbow Juices!
- Uncover the art of the perfect pizza dough at Michael’s Pizzeria.
- Long Beach Booklet – with maps and exclusive guest coupons!
WHAT TO EXPECT
We’ll meet you inside our first tasting location 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start of the tour. You’ll find the tour guide wearing the Beach City teardrop logo. Once everyone has checked in, we’ll begin by presenting you with your signature Beach City Food Tours tote bag. You’ll also be given a comprehensive map of all the locations you’ll be visiting, as well as exclusive coupons, should you want to return to them in the near future.
Over the next three hours, we’ll visit 7+ of our partner locations where you’ll experience the best food Downtown Long Beach has to offer. All of our tasting partners have been paid in advance. Along the flat, one-mile route, we’ll occasionally stop to discuss the Downtown’s history, culture, and architecture, dating back to the 1900s.
Just come hungry…and let us do the rest!
Escape the tourist areas as our local guides share the history and adventure of this amazing city.
- George’s Greek Cafe
- Authentic Greek cuisine in one of Long Beach’s local institutions. There’s a reason they’ve been around this long. Come taste “a little piece of Greece in Southern California.”
Pier 76 Fish Grill
- Americana meets the ocean at this local seafood joint. It’s truly “quality-driven seafood, perfectly executed every time.”
- Rated Best Pizza in the nation by Zagat in 2013…Michael’s does not disappoint. Fresh and local specialties are made in-house daily, including their own mozzarella!
- How did two roller derby enthusiasts come to open Downtown Long Beach’s most popular cold-pressed juice bar? You’ll have to take the tour to find out…
- Think coffee is only for good for those slow mornings at work? Think again. Recreational Coffee will have you eternally searching for that “perfect” cup. Let’s let the professionals handle it.
The Pie Bar
- Come see what “home” tastes like. Once you’ve tried Laurie’s Key-Lime Pie, all others will pale in comparison. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!
AMMATOLI mediterranean bites
Experience the homemade taste of the Levant at the newest addition to our tour! If you’ve never had Chef Dima’s baklava…you’re in for a real treat.
MADE by Millworks
Part gift shop/part art space. Don’t get caught at a cheesy souvenir stand, when you can have something handcrafted by local artisans and cottage food producers.
WHERE TO MEET
Inside George’s Greek Cafe on Pine Ave. Look for your guide with the Beach City teardrop logo! Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled tour.